Self Funding Care Guide – Residential Care

October 8, 2014 in Self Funding Care Guide | 0 Comments

what is NHS registered nursing care contribution?People with disabilities, mental health problems or learning difficulties are often cared for at home by paid or voluntary caregivers (such as family and friends), with additional support from home care agencies.

If home based care is not available or appropriate, then residential care may be appropriate.

Residential care will typically provide accommodation, meals, laundry, a programme of social activities as well as help with day-to-day basic care needs such as washing and dressing where required.

In some cases the residential care needed may be paid for by the NHS; this may be provided free of charge because it is ‘intermediate care’ or if it is provided under the Mental Health Act.

It is also free if the local authority decides not to charge, for example if the care is temporary (less than eight weeks) or if it is for a child.

If none of the above is applicable and your total assets exceed £23,250, you are unlikely to be eligible for any financial support and you will classed as a ‘self funder’. If this is the case, you will receive no further support or guidance from your local authority.

What next?

Ask an financial adviser a question for free, no obligation.

Ask A Question

Ring 0845 835 0112 or email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *