Self funding care at home is one option that allows you to maintain your independence and remain in the comfort of your own home.
Care at home typically consists of help with day-to-day domestic tasks such as getting in and out of bed and bathing. Home care can be carried out by loved ones, friends or professional staff.
How do I self fund care at home?
After your Assessment of Capital, you may find that you have to self fund part or all of your home care needs. Although care at home can be expensive, we can help you implement a range of financial planning options which aim to put an affordable and sustainable plan in place for your future.
Later life solutions available to you could include:
- Social services providing full or split funding through direct payments
- Releasing money from your property to pay for your care
- Investments to create new income streams
- Immediate needs care plans
- Advising on what state benefits you are entitled to
- Setting up a Lasting Power of Attorney
With a wealth of additional options at hand, talk to one of our advisers in confidence and without obligation about your later life needs.